When I built alpha.tribe in 2015 I even called the sim "fool's gold" - there was so much of it.


But it isn't just that one sim. I also went completely overboard when I built "from here on there be dragons" for Dividni Shostakovich a couple of years later.


Of course I have been around long enough as a designer to know to combine it with plenty of neutral colors so that it doesn't get completely out of hand. But nevertheless, I cannot deny the obsession.

Also here, for example, when I built an annex to ShapeShifter island:


The thing is that it is getting somewhat boring. And although it is nice to be told that I use gold really well, I still do not want to be pegged down as "Alpha the gold builder."

So, now that I have finally started to rebuild alpha.tribe island I am making a conscious, concerted effort to keep away from gold. And, believe it or not, it is proving to be quite difficult to stay away from the stuff. :-\

No comments: