Wixtrix - my pride and joy!

https://www.wixtrix.net

I have been working on this on and off for a year, and now it is finally complete. Or almost complete since I keep finding typos and errors, especially in the Turkish version everytime I look. So, this is a really big bilingual design tutorial website into which I have poured pretty much everything that I know about graphic design.

This actually started as a series of video tutorials for my web design class last year. Since I was teaching the course on the Wix Editor I used that platform as the basis for these tutorials. But as I kept adding, things went from mere web design to detailed tutorials on things like typesetting and hierarchies and shape usages, visual material usage and how to integrate all this stuff into a design system.

I am not going to hide it - I am very proud of this. It is a lifetime milestone as a graphic design instructor. And I am also rather surprised that a lot of people already seem to be finding this site via google and yandex searches. Which is especially pleasant since I think I have come to a point where I am going to stop teaching. Lots of reasons for this, but I am slowly coming to the conclusion that it will be better for me to sort of step away and just observe - which is something that I have been doing a lot of, anyway. So, it will be nice to know that even if I am not physically in a class full of students I am still sharing what I know with others.

So, if you know of any fledgling graphic designers please give them the link where they will also find the drop down menu for the Turkish version - and maybe eventually also a German version...

No comments: